Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Cleanse

Hello All! 

I am on day 6 of the cleanse! Woohoo!  I'm half way there! 

It hasn't been horrible. Most days I'm not hungry. The last couple of days I didn't eat my snacks or lunch, I was to busy at work. But overall, it's going quite well. ;-) 

My body feels lighter. It's kind of odd. I am weighing tomorrow, I'm excited to see how much I have lost. I think it's around 5 pounds. 

So, in talking to Juliana, I told her all of the foods I really want after the cleanse- and her response was "you should still eat healthy after the cleanse". 

The cleanse is pretty strict as far as what you can have, it's pretty much a no fat diet. Lots of fruits and vegis. Easy on the carbs (you can only have the 'good' carbs, such as oatmeal). 

But the diet afterwards isn't. It's really eat whatever. There are no required guidelines. 

So I started thinking. Every time I start a diet, I fail. And I fail miserable. Why? Because I make a plan that is so strict, it's impossible to follow. 

So I thought I'd do baby steps. 

Things that are new to me on the cleanse: 

*Eating breakfast. Every day. 

*Eating snacks, before and after lunch. 

*Drinking a lot of water. I should be drinking around 95 ounces of water a day. 

So why not keep those 3 things up? Eat a balanced breakfast, a balanced lunch, 2 snacks, and a lot of water. 

For dinner, I can eat what I want to eat, but all in proper portions. 

I will try to incorporate more vegetables and fruits into our dinners. 

But if one day I want a bowl of mac and cheese, that's okay. All in the right portions. 

By the way, earlier when I said "things I want", is not the same as "things I'm craving". I am not having cravings. It's very odd for me, but I now understand that there is a difference between want and crave

Well, I will keep you guys updated! 

Xo Danielle oX 

No comments:

Post a Comment