Sunday, December 8, 2013

Weight Loss Update

Hello All!

Well, here goes... An update to my weight loss journey.

I am still 184.

Lets recap:

I started the cleanse at 188. I ended the cleanse at 184.... I've been doing the MNS Max 3 for approximately 2 weeks now... And I am still at 184.

That's okay though.

Wait...What?! That's okay? There is no progress in that!

Yes... Yes there is progress. 

Let me explain:

First, a recap of my goals that I have been working on:

*Drink at least 90 oz of water a day, every day
*Eat breakfast, every day
*Eat lunch, every day
*Eat 2 snacks every day: one between breakfast and lunch, one between lunch and dinner

And my progress on those:

*I have been drinking at least a gallon of water every day... Except on the weekends.. I am still working on that. 
*I have been eating breakfast everyday. 
*I have been eating lunch almost everyday.... I have missed a couple of days, but I am almost there. 
*I have been eating snacks, almost everyday. There have been a couple of days that I missed them...but for the most part, I have been there. I haven't gotten it down on the weekends though. 

For breakfast: I have been eating anything... Chic Fil A, Whataburger, Toast, ect...

For Lunch: I have been eating anything... From left over Thanksgiving to fast food to a sandwich.

For my snacks: Granola bars and fruit mostly.. Sometimes apple sauce or pudding (not usually though).

I can see whats wrong with this... Can you?

Yes, I am following my goals... But eating Chic Fil A and whataburger for breakfast... That's not going to get me there! Eating fast food for lunch- that's not doing it! And eating extremely bad for dinner because I can... Nope! 

It is time for me to change these goals, just a tad..

*Water: Continue to drink a gallon a day, but add on the weekends! 

*Breakfast: Get use to oatmeal.. toast.. fruit.. smoothies! No more fast food! 

*Lunch: Sandwiches, wraps, left overs... No more fast food!

*Snacks: Granola bars and fruit are okay! Apple Sauce is okay! Try to really get these to 2 x a day, 7 days a week! 

*Dinner: Just because you are eating good for the other meals, doesn't mean you can eat bad for this meal! Cook at home! No more fast food just because it is convenient! 

*Eat out no more than 1 x per meal per week... This means, I can have 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner out of the house per week... Not that I should eat horribly on these meals.. But if I need them, I get 1 each.. 

So those are my changes... For now... I can't wait for January to come for my new weight loss measurements (I am not looking forward to doing the December ones on Monday)... I hope that these redefined goals help me!

Here is something else that I want to touch on...

Every since I started the Advocare MNS Max 3, I can tell a difference on my cravings.. If I forget to take them, I definitely can tell a difference... I accidentally waited to long to order them this last week.. I ordered them on Wednesday hoping they would be delivered on Friday (even paid extra for the shipping), but the Ice Storm that North Texas is experiencing put a hold on the shipping... Now I know, order in advance.. This weekend has been full of cravings.. Mac N Cheese.. Pizza... Cinnamon Rolls... Chips and Salsa... I am not sure, but this could also be due to the Ice Storm keeping us locked up in the house...

Anyways, back to what I was originally saying.. I can tell a difference in cravings, I can also tell when I am full. For the most part, I have stopped eating at that point.. But there have been a few times that I kept eating.. And I even had this conversation with myself in my head:

Me: You are full, stop eating
Me: Just one more bite!
Me: Just stop eating! 
Me: I can't!! It is sooo good!!

I need to stop eating when I know I am full! 

So that is the last goal that I am adding. 

On the goals page in my weight loss book, a lot of my goals are listed as "for 30 days". The reason for this is because it takes 21 days to make a habit.. I figured if I do it for 30 days, it would be a real habit! 

I am going to work on making a calendar to fit in the book.. That way, every day that I complete a step towards the goal, I can write it down.. Maybe  a "W" for making the water goal, a "B" for eating breakfast, ect... And then, after 30 days of making it happen.. I can check it off! WooHoo!

This will also add accountability. 

Anywho, my head hurts, I think I am getting sick again.. I have had a headache since yesterday. :(

Talk to yal later!

Xo Danielle oX 







No comments:

Post a Comment