Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving!

Hello again! 

I had my thanksgiving dinner today! It went very well! 

Heres some things I did to make it easier: 

*I prepped all of my recipes a few days in advanced.... You can read about that in my last entry (or maybe the one before)

*I prepped all of my recipes yesterday. I got my turkey situated, my gravy vegis in their pan. I prepped the candied yams and green bean bundles. I Cut up my cranberries. I made the pumpkin pie. I made the deviled eggs and I set up my jalapeños. Although nothing (other than the pie) was actually cooked, this took ALL day. 

*I pulled out any dishes that were going to be needed for the day off. 

*Made sure all dishes were done. 

Today, with the exception of the dressing (stuffing), everything was already prepared and ready to go! I just had to put it in the oven or grill! 

I didn't take pictures.... I should have! I was going to enter my turkey into a photo contest, but I forgot to take the picture!! Ooops! Oh well! There's always next time! 

One thing I did notice about preparing all of the "dry" or "nonrefrigerated" ingrediants a week or so before: my onions molded...I'm not sure why, but next time I will leave them in my onion cabinet. They weren't molded to the point of not being able to use them, I just had to peel a few extra layers... But I don't think I'll store them with the other ingredients again. 

Another thing I'll change: next time I will print off the recipes and put them in the bags. Even though I already had all of the  ingredients listed out, I found myself looking on my phone a lot for the actual recipe. 

This will definitely be a tradition for Matt and I, but next year I will have people bring stuff....I really enjoyed doing all of the cooking, but it'll be okay to step back and let others help too. 

Well, it's nap time!

PEACE! 

Xo Danielle oX 

No comments:

Post a Comment